March 20th, 2020 – Update
As you are aware, this is an unprecedented time in our industry and in our history. The
number of requests and orders we have received for PPE related to the COVID-19
pandemic is nothing short of astonishing. We are working around the clock with our
teams to ensure that we are serving the most critical needs of our partners and our
To that end, while we are accepting all orders, Our sales team is focusing on
the following priorities as we service our customers and partners:
1) Government and First Responders
2) Medical and Hospital personnel
3) Critical infrastructure (Utilities, etc.)
4) Orders to satisfy identified demand (as opposed to stock replenishment orders
We are asking you to stand with us during this time to help
enact these priorities.
Moving forward, we are looking for our partners to align with us on ensuring that we can
serve those that need our goods and services the most. To accomplish this task, we have aligned ourselves with companies such as 3-M and Honeywell to expedite orders for these priorities, This will give you first priority on PPE supplies.
We encourage you to check with us on product availability and
schedule of your PPE requirements, we have been working closely with the Manufactures to will allow us to swiftly expedite your order and ensure the people with the most dire needs get the proper equipment as soon as possible.
With the pending invocation of the Defense Production Act
(DPAS), we will be
evaluating certain aspects of our PPE sales. With the Emergency order by Mayor Berkowitz EO-02 to safeguard the supply of PPE Alaska Safety will work diligently with all Department and agencies.
The days ahead will be
stressful for all of us. Only by working together will we ensure
that the most critical needs are met and those that are placing themselves in harm’s
way will have the protection needed to serve those affected by this pandemic. Thank
you for your partnership as we work in the weeks ahead to stand together in this crisis.
Thank you for all that you are doing to serve those impacted by this great challenge.
March 18, 2020
Alaska Safety would like to let our customers know that we are doing our part to help flatten the curve. The health of our customers and employees is our highest priority right now, and we are doing everything in our power to better the odds.
* Our staff has been disinfecting our showrooms and all high traffic areas several times a day.
* We are closely monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization regarding COVID-19
* If an employee appears to have flu like symptoms, they will be asked to seek medical attention and stay at home until they fell 100%.
* We have been tracking all PPE orders very closely and trying to stay ahead of demand.
* We have increased our stocking levels to meet the demand of our Alaskan customers.
* We will not ship goods outside of Alaska during this pandemic.
* The availability of N95 dust masks, disinfectant, chemical suits, and gloves are in very short supplies all over the country but we are doing our best.
* We will remain fully staffed for as long as possible, with no delay in order processing.
* Emergency Vehicle builds are not being impacted, and delivery schedules remain unaffected.
* We have 24 hour a day emergency protocols in place should the need arise.
On behalf of all of us at Alaska Safety, we thank you for your support.